Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Hats - More Than One (3 in Fact)

First, I realized that I did not tell you all what yarn I worked on for hat 21, the purple was Sweet Georgia BFL Sock (I love this yarn) & the grey is Berroco Ultra Alpaca Fine. They are both very nice yarns. I would recommend them both.

Hat 22
The pattern is Figheadh’s Fundamental Watch cap; it can be knit with any yarn from fingering to super bulky yarn. It was a really well written pattern. I knit it with Viking of Norway Nordlys, which is 75% superwash wool, 25% nylon. It is a sock yarn. I liked knitting with it and the colors are very pretty.


Hat 23
This hat is knit out of Schachenmeyr Lova Fan. It is a super bulky acrylic / wool blend yarn. It was not bad to knit with and it was super quick. I did not have the right size needles available when I started so I went with an 11. I actually think it is a nice fabric for a hat. It is just a hat I improvised. I was going to do ribbing, but I did not like how it looked. So I tried something else and did not like that either. In the end I just knit in a circle. 




Hat 24
This is an all cabled version of my Choose Your own Adventure Hat. 

I have been trying to perfect the decreases done in pattern. It was made with Cascade 220 Superwash. 


No comments: