Thursday, March 13, 2014

Hat number 9 – number 9, number 9, number 9

On The Beatles self-titled album, aka The White Album, there is a song called Revolution 9. This is not the one you have heard on the radio, which is Revolution 1 (I do not know what happened to Revolutions 2-8). Revolution 9 is over 8 minutes long and consists of backwards looping, noise, various statements and John Lennon saying Number 9 over and over again. So you are probably asking what this has to do with my latest hat… well, that is how I felt knitting this hat.
Here is all the mixed up SSK & K2tog
I ripped it back so many times that I felt like it was just repeating it over and over again.  Then when I was almost done with the hat, I discovered that I had mixed up my ssk & k2tog for most of the chart.  Arrggh! I did not rip it out because I was sick to death of the damn thing. The hat is Hepatica from Lace One-Skein Projects and I knit it from Brown Sheep Nature Spun Sport. The problems were all due to me, not the pattern or the yarn. I am just at not good at knitting lace. It is not intuitive to me. I am forever making errors with the symbols, as is evident in this hat.
I want to love knitting lace because I would like to knit a big old lace shawl, but I don’t love it. I don’t hate it, but that is a long way from being able to knit a huge project in it.




Anyway, I blocked it like a regular hat instead of a beret because it is too small for that and I think it looks okay for all of the mistakes. 

No comments: