Thursday, March 20, 2014

Hat Number 10

This hat is knit with a new yarn from Lorna’s Laces called Masham Worsted, 70% British Wool & 30% Masham wool. I am not sure which colorway it is, maybe Cornelia. It is a great yarn to knit with. I would love to knit something else with it. 

The pattern is the Beaufort Hat (it is a free Ravelry download). I had originally tried a different pattern and I did not like it all. I have knit this hat pattern before and I really like the pattern. It is easy to remember and it goes quickly. I do not know that this is the best colorway to use for this hat. But I like how it looks like waves. It would think it would be great in a solid or tonal yarn.

Here is a picture of a Masham sheep. Isn’t it the cutest thing??



If you scroll down on this page, you can get more info about them. I am glad that Lorna’s is using a rarer breed for this yarn. There are many breeds of sheep and some are quite rare and if no one uses the wool, they will disappear forever. 

No comments: